Monday, June 1, 2009

The Green Movement

The Green Movement has been very effective on the way people think and act in the last decade. I beleive this perticular movement has been effective because the enviroment effects everyone and we all have an impact on it someway or another. I also beleive this movement has used guilt to shame people to live more "green" as they call it. Sense I have been alive, this movement seems to be biggest to sweep the US and maybe even the world. For it to be effective the whole world needs to follow green practices. It is not enough for just the US to lower carbon emission to make a world wide difference. The problem with the rest of the world going green is not all countries have the luxury to cut carbon emmisions. Burning coal is a cheap an effective way to produce energy and I don't see poor countries stopping this for the environment in the near future. So the main problem with the green movement is that it takes money to be green.

No comments: